Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And people don't think the networks lean to the left...

I have aquaintances (usually liberal, hard to believe but it's true) that argue that the networks, ABC, CBS and NBC, have no left leaning bias. Now I have to disagree as I work in the TV industry and have for some years, so I know they do have a left leaning bias. So I found this story from James Hirsen who writes "The Left Coast report" about Media industry related subjects. I think if this holds true, we will see even more Bush and Republican bashing from the peacock network and I think it will just push my network into last place behind the "LOGO" channel or "MSNBC".



NBC's 'Totally Liberal' New Program Chief

NBC News tilts to the left. MSNBC tilts even further.

Now apparently NBC's entertainment television division intends to follow suit.

Ben Silverman, Jeff Zucker's choice for NBC Universal's TV entertainment chief, is "totally liberal," wants to "shift the tidal wave" of public opinion to favor loose immigration laws, sung the praises of the immigration plotline on ABC's "Ugly Betty," is "a Kennedy sort of guy," is "as liberal as Norman Lear," considers Lear a source of "counsel" and wants to program "big bold TV shows" like Lear did, according to the L.A. Weekly.

Silverman has reportedly let it be known that he's "fed up" with the Bush administration as well, but not with Rosie O'Donnell. He has articulated a desire to put O'Donnell on NBC.

The new NBC suit is already talking about future plans after he leaves the network.

He just may run for public office.


No comments: