Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Al Gore in the Valley at the ASU Gammage Auditorium

Now ask me if I care...

Nope.

They had some good stuff on the military channel and I went out and ran my car in the driveway for about a half an hour to see how much exhaust I could put in the air, smoked a few cigarettes, cut down a couple of trees and opened up a couple of old cans of some good-ole-fluorocarbons and just emptied them. God, it was fun!

Of course, working for the local NBC affiliate has it's advantages, and we sent someone to cover his appearance. Being a real TV professional broadcast operations technician, I managed to get some audio from the event from one of the photogs. I heard he did a pretty good show, droning on and on and on, which is consistent for Al. Yeah, white noise always puts me to sleep. But I heard he even sang a song for the crowd to wake things up. The photog was pretty impressed with the Elvis costume saying he looked just like Elvis in Las Vegas in '77. I am efforting the video to put up here when I get it but check this out.

Al Gore Live! at the Gammage Auditorium

and we also got his Encore after everyone woke up

Al Gore Live! Encore at the ASU Gammage Auditorium