Friday, March 30, 2007

3.29.07

Well, It looks like she is feeling better. I went to the hospital today and saw my mom and she had improved. They still had her on oxygen, but she was sitting up and eating. And she was cracking jokes with me and laughing about stuff. I felt so much better when I left knowing she was doing better. They are treating her type 2 diabetes and Bill told her she needed to take the prednisone as the doctor wanted, and she basically said ok. I called Bill today and told him and he seemed greatly relieved. He was going to go visit her at the hospital after he got off from work, and Pepita said she was going to. I don't know when they will release her, maybe tomorrow if she is feeling better and maybe Saturday. The doctor was waiting on the radiologist to get the x-rays confirmed about the spot of pneumonia in her lung which they thought might have been food.

After all that has happened the last week or so, I am drained. I forgot to call Philip tonight and let him know how she was doing, but I got so busy at work. I was just so tired that I kind of lollygagged tonight and at one point, went into the control room during the 10pm news just to rest and hang out. I will be glad to get some sleep tonight and I am working Master tomorrow night, so I don't have to be in until 3:30 which gives me some time to sleep a little later, unless I have to go get Ma's.


I have been toying with the idea of getting a kitten. I told myself that I didn't want another cat, but I just have been thinking about looking around for another siamese/Tokinese kitty cat and getting him/her. Preferrably a him. I don't want to try and replace Buddy, but we have a long tradition in our family of always having at least one Siamese cat. And I think it would help if I got a kitten and of course, Ma's will not want it, but knowing her, the kitty would just take to her and she will end up having taken to it. I can almost see Molly, Takai and Tessie chasing it around the house and playing. I am not sure at this point if I will, but it would be nice and fun to have a little kitten around to be able to laugh at while watching it play kitty games.

I am about 3 weeks out from going back to court over the DUI thing and while I am not that concerned, I think I made peace about it already, still it does bother me knowing that it's right around the corner. I want to get the process done and get on with it so I can move forward. I need to find out when I have to spend time at the Hanoi Hilton as I am due to fly to Colorado for Megans' graduation. I don't want to miss that. I am so proud of her and all she has done. She has such a great future and she is just turned out to be a beautiful, smart, funny and wonderful daughter. Just like the rest of my girls, LOL. I haven't seen Justin lately, so I don't know what is happening with him, but I hope he is okay. He must be close by or at least I suspect he is as he got a package in the mail from Camel cigarettes. I think it's a promotional thing of smokes he probably ordered. I really fear something happening to him, but he's old enough to take responsibility for himself and he needs to find his own way and get his life straight.


I guess Shari isn't talking to me anymore. I haven't heard from her and the last time I did was after I sent the pic of Siku that I found at work. I know she's busy and I imagine she is working. I do suspect she found a boyfriend that is tying up most of her time otherwise and I don't know what is going on with the extreme makeover thing she was telling me about. I guess I won't bother her.

So, I guess that's about all tonight. If I think of anything else I might post later, I have a lot of views about politics that I would like to write on, but most people don't wanna hear that, LOL. So, off I go, see if there is anything on TV and just relax and try and get some sleep.

no animals, homeless people, liberals, pinheads, florida voters or news anchors were hurt or abused in the writing of this post





No comments: