Friday, March 9, 2007

Is this really Eddie Van Halen?



Wow, after wondering for a while now how Eddie has been doing. I ran across this story on the Fox News website. Now, I like Eddie, think he's one of the greater innovators of modern rock guitar, but I was never a huge fan, I mean to the point of having to go to Van Halen concerts much like some people are so german about going to Kiss concerts. But I was shocked at this picture. The last picture I remember seeing of Eddie, he had really short hair and looked squared away. I wasn't even aware that he was dealing with his demons again. I hope he does okay in rehab and gets through it okay. I often wondered if his breakup with Valerie didn't really send him to the depths. Of course one could ask if perhaps his demons preceded the breakup with Valerie. I always thought that the 2 of them would break celebrity tradition and stay together. I wish the best to Eddie and hope he gets the help he needs.

And from Eddie's Website, the following;
FROM EDDIE
March 8, 2007

I would like Van Halen fans to know how much I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Without you there is no Van Halen.

I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best. That’s why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110% that I feel I owe you and want to give you.

Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better. I want you to know that is exactly what I’m doing, so that I may continue to give you the very best I am capable of.

I look forward to seeing you in the future better than ever and I thank you with all my heart.

Love,

Ed

© Copyright Van Halen & van-halen.com All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without prior written permission is strictly forbidden. Email: bradman@van-halen.com

No comments: