Sunday, March 4, 2007

I hate when that happens...

So, I wake up today after sleeping like a rock. I really hate when I wake up and there is a song stuck in my head before I am ever really awake. This time it's "I'm in the mood for a melody" or whatever the hell it is, by Robert Plant. Now, I like Robert Plant, I have seen his solo act after Zep broke up and it was pretty good, but really, I have no idea where the hell this song came from. It's not like I have been listening to Plant or Zep or anyone for that matter. I really don't listen to music anymore anyway. I don't know why, it is just that way. Every once in a great while I get the urge to listen FM and after about 2 secs of that, well, back to talk radio.

Which brings me to another of my pet peeves; I absolutely think that rap/hip hop "music" (and here I really use the term music loosely) is totally worthless. Whatever happened to the good
ole R&B of Motown? James Brown? Earth, Wind and Fire? Maybe it's me, but it just shows the laziness of the "artist" (again, I use the term loosely) as they can't play a damn thing. I get so tired of sitting at an intersection and some hood wanna-be has to be slouching down as if in his recliner, playing his stereo so loud, it's vibrating my car. I once yelled at a guy, giving him a smile and a thumbs up, "I hope you go deaf" and he smiled back. The music was so loud in his car that he never heard a word I said and with me smiling at him and giving him the thumbs up, he probably thought I liked what he was playing. Jeez, what a moron these people are. I read a great article about the very subject of what Rap music is doing is black culture by Kenny Drew, a jazz musician. Here is the link;

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=21243


He makes some very valid points and Rap doesn't need any validation anyway, it's just CRAP! Validating Rap is like validating your latest bowel movement ( Guy staring into toilet: "man, that reminds me of that 50 cent song I heard the other day!"). Surfing the web, I find that there are a lot of people who can't stand the stuff too. It's lazy, it's juvenile, it just sucks. Oh well, more later.

Peace,


No comments: