Monday, March 19, 2007

Buddy Update

Well, I took Buddy to the Vet today and he is going to be there overnight. The vet, Dr. Sue Johnson, has been his vet since he was a 'wee pup', is going to do exploratory surgery around his bowel area as she found a lump. She said that the tests she did on him didn't indicate any abnormality when he was in there almost a month ago, but she wants to check and see what the lump may be. I am praying that it might be something along the lines of a bowel obstruction and not cancer or leukemia. He is down to 6 lbs. from 12 and she is hydrating him intravenously as he hasn't been drinking any water over the last couple of days. She is hoping to know more tomorrow and she had some concerns about using anesthesia in his current condition.

I kept saying a prayer over and over again on the way home driving the '405' as I call it like a little kid saying 'trench prayer'. Dr. Johnson agreed with me that he is too young to die and that no expense should be spared, reasonably, to save him. I have resigned myself to the fact that he might have to be put to sleep, but I am hoping to God that is not going to happen. I really don't know what I will do without the "meowsir" around and playing 'big bad foot' . There will never be another cat like him and I probably won't get another anyway. If you're reading this, please say a prayer for him, any little bit can help. As in the catholic tradition, I did ask St. Francis to intercede and keep him safe, but for now, I will just have to wait. I love you Razor, hang in there.

No comments: